Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Off to Boston!!

Next week I head to Boston and I'm gettin excited about it. Not as excited as with DC and NYC cause that was with my Oldest but this is for Microsoft so that's pretty cool.

I'm going to Tech Ed! MS has a conference every year and it's a pretty big deal and there's lots to see and all kinds of freebies and new stuff to look at. This is the first year I've gotten to go and I'm going with a colleage that I've known for a long time and so I think it'll be fun. 6 days in Boston though could get a bit on the longish side. I think I'll be ready to come home on about day 4.

They have all kinds of seminars and there'll be booths set up for checking out the new stuff, they give lots of stuff away like bags and shirts and software, there are parties to go to and I hope there are lots of places to learn stuff and not just sales booths. I don't know if Bill Gates is going to speak, sometimes he does but I don't see him anywhere on the schedule this time so I'll be dissapointed but at least I'm not expecting him.

My colleague isn't the type to go out and do a whole lot but I'm hoping to talk him into some site seeing. If not, I'll go by myself. And I hope there's at least one free night so I can go to the movies. I think I want to see Da Vinci Code. The book was awesome!

I've never been to Boston except to land and drive to another town and then to catch a flight out. I know we get to go to Fenway Park because that's where the big Thursday Night Party is that they'll have. I'm not sure what the other extra curricular activities are though. I guess I should start trying to get it all planned out. I still have to see which seminars I'm going to attend. I haven't had time to look at that yet.

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Not Cindy Crawford said...

Are you back from Boston yet????

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Texaspride said...

Yep, I made it back from Boston. The weather was great, Tech Ed was just as cool as I always thought it would be but man was I glad to get home!! 6 days is a long time in a hotel room.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home