Friday, February 17, 2006

Speaking of shape...

I want to lose 5 lbs by May. I think that's possible for most people but I seem to lack enough ambition on this particular subject to do myself much good. I also have a particular fondness for chocolate. Anyway, my cousin has lost 17 lbs in 5 weeks on the weightwatcher diet. I didn't know much about this diet program so I got the details from her. They let you have a certain number of points based on your weight. I'd be allowed 20 points per day. They even have the points posted on some ready made meals at the grocery store or you can buy your food from them I think. They also have regular food graded on the point system. You go once a week to a meeting and weigh yourself. You also get 35 points per week to float any way you want. For example, you can use an extra 5 points per day or you may want to use all 35 of them in one day or split them up any way you want.

I don't know that I could do that diet just because I'm such a picky eater. It's not that the food I eat is so bad for me. It's just that there's a limited amount of food I'll actually eat. Plus it's just hard for me to find any of those premade meals that I will eat. I just think they are nasty. The pizza that they show on their tv commercial looks like it's made out of plastic! How can anyone eat something that looks like that??!!?

I think I just need more excercise. The life I lead is very... I forget the word for it.. sedentary? Anyway, I don't get to move around much. At work I sit in front of a computer, I commute so far to work that I'm in the truck for 3.5 hours a day. I do have a health club membership but when I get home at 7 pm I only have time to get supper eaten and get the kids to bed before getting in bed myself. The club isn't open on Sunday so I have Friday and Saturday that I can work out. And I can always find an excuse not to go. Which is just stupid, by the way. Why am I paying for this stupid membership if I'm not using it? My mom and I joined together hoping we'd motivate each other but she's a bit passive and doesn't make me go.

I just need to get more motivated. I hoped that the trip that my son and I are taking in May would get me more into this thing but I guess not. I used to be a more challenging person when I was younger and I'm not sure when I got so ..... blase', un-ambitious, lazy even.

I think I need to work on my attitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home