Friday, February 17, 2006

Olympics

Terry over at possumblog asked some questions about the olympics so I thought I'd comment here about them.

I've been trying to watch as much of it as I can. I don't get home until around 7pm during the week and I try to be asleep by 10 cause I get up at 3:30 in the stupid, blinking, damn morning so I can't stay up too late. Anyway, my opinion is mixed. I guess the summer olympics spoiled me. We had so many medals in those games that we couldn't count them all. In the winter olympics we seem to be faultering. Admittedly I haven't checked the medal count in the last few days but Apallo Ohno fell, Lisa Kildow fell, our men's figure skater did OK but it wasn't the performance some people expected, etc etc. I just think we haven't done as well. Bode Miller is blowing my mind with his disqualification and just plain crappy first attempt at a medal. I just hope we step up to the plate pretty soon and get us some more medals.

I think one of the cool stories of the week is Toby Dawson. I got teary eyed just watching his mom in the audience. She was so happy about his bronze medal and just hearing his story..... it was pretty touching.

I just checked the medal standings and we do have 6 gold medals and that's more gold than anyone else but we are only at a total of 10 medals and that's 3 less than Norway. So I guess we aren't too far behind but I just think with all the potential medal winners we had on our teams thaat we should be doing better.

I'm sure that if I strapped on a pair of skis or a snowboard or even a pair of ice skates I'd put all those people to shame. I bet I'd come home with the gold every time. I mean, what kind of shape are they in anyway?? They look like a bunch of stick figures out there. I, on the other hand, am in perfect shape. Perfectly round shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home